21. Earnestness is the path of dignity, thoughtlessness the path of death. Those who are thoughtless are as if dead already.
22. Having understood this clearly, those who are advanced in earnestness delight in earnestness, and rejoice in the knowledge of the pure.
23. These wise people, meditative, steady, always possessed of strong powers, attain to the highest happiness.
24. If an earnest person has roused themselves, if they are not forgetful, if their deeds are pure, if they act with consideration … then their dignity will increase.
25. By rousing themselves, by earnestness … the wise person may make for themselves an island which no flood can overwhelm.